brumeier: Bill Nye: Safety Glasses Off Motherfucker (Safety Glasses Off)
[personal profile] brumeier
And another month bites the dust!

My big news for September is that I decided to resign from Second Job (aka the deli). My last day with be November 30th, and I’m so excited about it! As long as the child support money keeps coming in I won’t need the extra job. I can’t wait to reclaim my evenings and Sundays!

School started back up again for us. The one I work at, and my boy attends, is doing in-person instruction every day but Wednesdays, which is a remote day. So far it’s going pretty well. We’re being really cautious with anyone displaying symptoms and sending them home to get tested. Most of the kids are being good about following the new rules, though we have to give a lot of reminders to pull masks up so they cover the nose too.

I feel like I had a really productive month, with both writing and scrapbooking. I feel good when I can be creative. Helps beat back the anxiety of life in these United States.

Seventeen scrappy layouts done last month. I made a list of school pages I need to catch up on for my boy and it’s a lot. My biggest victory was finding what should’ve been a throwaway sticker from Payless shoe store from 2011, which I wanted to use on a layout. That’s either super good on me for saving stuff, or else I need to get help for saving too much. LOL!

Here’s one of the layouts I did:




Nineteen fics posted in September, most prompt fills and/or challenge fics. Wrote in two new-to-me fandoms, both of them RPF which is also kinda new for me. I also started working on something for Halloween, which I’ll hopefully be able to get done in time. ::fingers crossed::

Biggest moment was posting my [community profile] wipbigbang fic, which was seven years in the making. Which just goes to show that even a fic you think has been abandoned for all eternity can still be resurrected.

If you’re interested, here’s what I posted last month:

Title: Slept So Long
Fandom: The Sentinel/Moonlight (TV)
Pairing: Jim Ellison/Blair Sandburg, Josef Kostan/Mick St. John
Characters: Jim, Blair, Rafe, Megan, Naomi, Alex Barnes, Lee Brackett, etc.
Challenge(s): [community profile] wipbigbang
Warning(s): shady vampire activities, violence, murder, psychological torture

Prompt/Summary: Blair is an anthropologist on the hunt for something that shouldn't exist: a vampire with Sentinel senses. Jim is the vampire Master of the City of Cascade. Their mutual attraction isn't smart and it isn't safe, but in the end it'll be what saves them both.


Title: Love A Farmer
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Evan Lorne/David Parrish
Characters: Evan, David
Warning(s): schmoopy relationship stuff

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, Evan Lorne/David Parrish, "A Farmer Wants A Wife"

In which David is anxious to make a good first impression.


Title: It Remains…Unsolved
Fandom: Prodigal Son/Buzzfeed Unsolved
Characters: Jessica Whitly, Ryan Bergara, Shane Madej
Warning(s): Jessica doing her thing

Prompt/Summary: Prodigal Son, Jessica Whitly+ any, she's been contacted by the Kindred Spirits team to do an investigation in her home

In which Jessica continues to try and control the narrative of her family.


Title: Home For Supper
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard
Characters: Rodney, John
Warning(s): smooshy boys being smooshy

Prompt/Summary: any, any, cloudy with a chance of love

In which it's tornado season, and John and Rodney are hard at work for the Weather Channel.


Title: Fixer-Upper
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairing: Clint Barton/Phil Coulson
Characters: Clint, Phil, Lucky the dog
Warning(s): fluffy times for the boys

Prompt/Summary: MCU, Clint Barton/Phil Coulson, workaholic Phil inherits a house/small business in a remote small town and falls for Clint, the local handyman helping him fix it up


Title: Love Comes Softly
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairing: Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers/Sam Wilson
Characters: Bucky, Steve, Sam
Warning(s): emotional h/c, fluffy boys being fluffy

Prompt/Summary: MCU, Sam Wilson/Bucky Barnes, Love Comes Softly (2003)

In which Bucky reflects on the positive changes in his life.


Title: Blood Bond
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard
Characters: Rodney, John, OCs
Warning(s): this is some dark shit, teenagers murdered, bullying

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, John Sheppard/Rodney McKay, Let the Right One In fusion (feel free to age them)

In which John and Rodney meet as teenagers and form a friendship that includes a bit more death and blood-letting than average.


Title: Final Jeopardy
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis/Jeopardy!
Pairing: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard
Characters: Rodney, John, Kavanagh, Alex Trebek
Warning(s): John Sheppard being a romantic asshole

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, John Sheppard/Rodney McKay, competing against each other on Jeopardy


Title: Windward House
Fandom: Trixie Belden Mysteries/The Three Investigators
Pairing: Trixie Belden/Jupiter Jones
Characters: Trixie, Jupiter
Warning(s): spoilers for plot points of the movie The Uninvited, spooky stuff

Prompt/Summary: any, any, going to a haunted house (real haunted or attraction, up to you)

In which Trixie and Jupiter take a trip overseas, and there's one particular house with a tragic history that she really wants to visit.


Title: Letters From Nam
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairing: Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers
Characters: Bucky, Steve, Natasha, OCs
Warning(s): Vietnam-era chaos and violence, temporary character death

Prompt/Summary: MCU, Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers, Travelin soldier fusion.

In which Steve and Bucky meet the day before Bucky ships out, and develop a friendship - and maybe more - through letters back and forth. Until the letters stop.


Title: Unmasked
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Characters: Rodney, John, Ronon, Teyla, OCs
Warning(s): fluffy team Scooby Doo antics

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, ensemble, teen sleuths AU

In which Rodney and his friends are hot on the trail of a mysterious ghoul that's probably not really a ghoul at all.


Title: Nothing Was Simple
Fandoms: Stargate Atlantis/Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairings: Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers, Evan Lorne/David Parrish, John Sheppard/Rodney McKay
Characters: Steve, Evan, David, Rodney, John, Bucky
Series: Gay Paree, 1920s
Warning(s): feels, feels, and more feels

Prompt/Summary: Marvel Cinematic Universe, Bucky Barnes +/ Steve Rogers, Paris in the 1920's

In which Steve is taking some time for himself in Paris and gets some unexpected news about his best friend, who'd supposedly died in the war.


Title: Tender Curiosity
Fandom: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Pairing: past Tony Stark/Steve Rogers, Tony Stark/Stephen Strange
Characters: Tony, Stephen, Rhodey
Series: Gay Paree, 1920s
Warning(s): complicated relationships

Prompt/Summary: Marvel Cinematic Universe, ensemble, 1920's speakeasy AU

In which Tony is drowning his sorrows at his friend's speakeasy, and meets someone who might just take his mind off Steve Rogers.


Title: Life Used To Be So Hard
Fandoms: Stargate Atlantis/The Sentinel
Pairing: Rodney McKay/John Sheppard
Characters: Rodney, John, Blair, Jeannie, Madison
Challenge(s): [community profile] sga_saturday
Series: Life in the Yukon
Warning(s): McKay family funtimes

Prompt/Summary: John is making a grand gesture, Rodney is re-evaluating his long-term life goals, and Jeannie is throwing a wrench in the works. Just another day in Lantea, Alaska!


Title: Bound For Moving On
Fandom: Trixie Belden Mysteries
Pairing: Brian Belden/Honey Wheeler
Characters: Trixie, Brian, Mart, Honey
Challenge(s): [community profile] whatif_au - music, [community profile] ficlet_zone - Moody Blues songs ‘I’m Just a Singer’
Warning(s): family disagreement, mentions of 1960s-era social discord

Prompt/Summary: The Belden Family Singers are famous folk artists, but Trixie is tired of singing the old standards and wants something different. Convincing her brothers will be the hard part.


Title: Missing Corpses Mystery
Fandom: Midsomer Murders
Characters: John Barnaby, Ben Jones, Kate Wilding
Warning(s): mentions of Highlander-esque deaths and disappearances

Prompt/Summary: any crime or procedural show/Highlander, any, figuring out how that "body" vanished from the morgue

In which DI John Barnaby is having a rough week, dealing with corpses gone missing and a brutal decapitation death.


Title: Showdown at the Ski Jump
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: John Sheppard/Rodney McKay
Characters: John, Rodney, Dave Sheppard
Warning(s): The Dysfunctional Family Sheppard, identity theft

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, John Sheppard, The Mystery at the Ski Jump (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories)

In which someone is using John's identity, and it's someone Rodney didn't even know existed.


Title: Just A Dream
Fandom: Prodigal Son
Characters: Dani Powell, Malcolm Bright, Edrisa Tanaka, Martin Whitly
Challenge(s): [livejournal.com profile] hc_bingo - family
Series: Monster Hunters
Warning(s): nightmares, dysfunctional family, demons

Prompt/Summary: Prodigal Son Malcolm Bright + any, Welcome to My Nightmare (Alice Cooper)
In which Slayer Dani and her friends get stuck in a dream. Unfortunately, it's Malcolm's.


Title: Patience Rewarded
Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: Evan Lorne/David Parrish
Characters: David, Evan, Chuck, Teyla
Warning(s): hurt/comfort, anxiety

Prompt/Summary: Stargate Atlantis, Evan Lorne/Any (David Parrish preferred), "Superstition" (1973)

In which Evan has been missing for a week and David is afraid what the news might be when it finally comes.

Date: 2020-10-01 07:22 pm (UTC)
corvidology: ([EMO] FANTASTIC)
From: [personal profile] corvidology
Congrats on being able to drop your second job. I remember how wonderful that feeling was!

Date: 2020-10-01 07:42 pm (UTC)
clarasteam: (anthea)
From: [personal profile] clarasteam
hurrah for dropping Second Job, and also for finishing your 7-years-in-the-making fic! *waves streamers and pompoms*

Date: 2020-10-01 07:51 pm (UTC)
respoftw: (Default)
From: [personal profile] respoftw
Yay! Quitting that second job must have felt wonderful! Think of all the wonderful things you can do with all that spare time xxx

Date: 2020-10-02 01:24 am (UTC)
popkin16: (rodney loves john)
From: [personal profile] popkin16
CONGRATS! God, dropping that second job must feel good :D You deserve a break.

I've actually been writing this past month - a BFU fic, actually, and it's sitting at 22k right now. Whoops? It feels good to write again, and it's low pressure because I don't know anybody in the BFU fandom so there's nobody to disappoint!

Date: 2020-10-02 01:33 am (UTC)
popkin16: (Default)
From: [personal profile] popkin16
I am! It's shippy, because that's how I roll. I know is not a lot of people's cup of tea but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's at 22k but I still have more to write, so it's definitely going to be my longest fic ever.

Thanks bb <3

Date: 2020-10-02 02:42 am (UTC)
popkin16: (so doing it)
From: [personal profile] popkin16
\o/

Date: 2020-10-03 03:15 pm (UTC)
moth2fic: violets plus caption 'spring' (Default)
From: [personal profile] moth2fic
So pleased you're able to reclaim your evenings and weekends! Your productivity continues to amaze me. I managed three auction fics. But then they were all quite long so I'm resting on my laurels anyway. Good luck wrangling schoolkids, bubbles, masks, testing, etc!!

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

brumeier: (Default)
Casually Unhinged

July 2026

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Jul. 21st, 2026 10:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios