One year ago today the inaugural post for the ushobwri
comm went up. It was created after wrisomifu
ended, because I have a hard time letting go. LOL! We started out with me doing the twice a week posts, and now I have five mods and we post three times a week (Inspiration Mondays, Check-in Wednesdays, and Workshop Fridays).
If you're not part of the comm, here's what we did last year and will probably do again this coming year:
- WIP-ed Into Shape February, a push to finish at least one WIP during the month
- Rec Fest, because it's always good to share the love
- Semi-Regular Hottie Wednesdays, to share the pretty people (inside and out!) that inspire us
- Sizzling Shoobie Showcase, which is a prompt challenge for members
- Monster Fest, a month-long monster appreciation in October
- Miserable Fucks November Social, our homage to the WriSo with daily check-ins
And of course even when there isn't a special theme thing going on you can find interesting topics for discussion, a chance to post snippets of your WIPs for feedback, and a community of wonderful, talented people that are incredibly supportive and encouraging.
So I lift my glass of cheer and gratitude to the comm! Especially the mods who help make it all possible: blueraccoon
, and taste_is_sweet
. I couldn't do any of this without you and still have a brain cell left in my head. LOL!
Happy anniversary, Shoobies!